Happy New Year!
Because it seems to be the thing to do, and because one of my resolutions is to write more lists, I give you, in no particular order… my 2023 Top Ten Resolutions:
1. Get someone to explain the tiny font trend on Instagram Stories. I really don’t get it.
2. Choose to see and bring out the best in people. If Ted Lasso can do it, so can I.
3. Learn a new language: Curiosity. It’s a hard one. It requires more questions than assumptions, and that most dreaded of all linguistic disciplines: Listening. Pray for me.
4. Be quicker to catch myself getting too caught up in myself and/or taking myself too seriously.
5. Remember the 2x speed feature on YouTube more often. So efficient!
6. Live Not by lies. Easier said than done, I know. But if Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn can do it… Ok, I still probably can’t, but a girl can strive.
7. Freak out less. Try to not control everything more. I have a feeling there may be some sort of correlation between these two things. Will let you know.
8. Notice more. Things. People. Beauty. Cause there’s a lot of all of the above out there. And I don’t want to miss it.
9. Get smaller. Not so much in the diet and exercise sense (though I cannot deny the expedience of such endeavors)… but by not trying to do all the things and be all the places all the time. Cause that’s dumb. Instead I think I’d like to get more focused. More time, fewer things. Investment, I think is what they call it.
10. Slow down. You move too fast. Gotta make the morning last, just… wait, that’s not mine. But the sentiment is the same. I want to slow down long enough to notice. To invest. To be curious. To recognize beauty. And Truth. And not freak out. And most of all, bring out the best in people. Cause that would be pretty groovy.
And maybe, just maybe, someone will explain this tiny font trend to me. I really don’t get it.
So… what are your resolutions??? I really want to know!